Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Unemployed Librarian...

Today's post is going to be in honor of my friend Elizabeth, also known as The Unemployed Librarian. Yesterday, Elizabeth had the blog of the Association of College & Research Libraries dedicated to her and her blog! After responding to a post on what she would like to see on the ACRLog, the decided to not only write about the plight of unemployed librarians, but feature her blog as an example. Very cool, I think.

All that being said, you should know that my inspiration to blog came from Elizabeth. I had always thought it would be a neat idea, but had never gotten down to doing it. Then one weekend, Elizabeth came up for a visit and I took a look at her blog...and not only hers, but all the blogs she follows! So, I decided then that I would start my own. I think blogging can be a fun way to keep up with friends, write about issues concerning your profession, or do any number of other things. I don't always have something fantastically interesting to write about, but I do enjoy it.

Like Elizabeth, I decided to not have my blog be about any one thing specifically. I figured that if I narrowed the scope too much I would 1. get bored, and 2. have trouble finding things to write about. So the scope of my blog is...life, I suppose. There will be some posts involving my profession as things come up (there is one already), but it will by no means be the focus.

Anyway, the point of all this is to give Elizabeth some (more ;) ) recognition for being featured in the ACRLog yesterday! Congratulations!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Teenie!! PS I'm loving the new design on the blog!! Super super cute!

    ReplyDelete