Friday, April 30, 2010

Mother's Day Already!?

So I have just come to the realization that Mother's Day is next weekend. Oops. As my family is unfortunately well aware, I am terrible at giving gifts on time. I think this is for two reasons:

1. I am procrastination's b*tch.
2. I hate giving crappy, meaningless gifts and often I get so caught up in not giving a crappy gift that the receiver gets no gift at all!

Sigh. It's really terrible. It happens at Christmas, birthdays, and pretty much any other holiday that involves a gift. So, here I am again, faced with the dilemma of what to get my mothers (yes, plural, mom and step-mom) for Mother's Day. I guess I'd better do some thinking and some shopping this weekend!

Does anyone out there have any, ahem, cost-effective ideas for Mother's Day gifts that don't look like I found them on the side of the road??

1 comment:

  1. EDIABLE ARRANGEMENTS!!!! it's what i did this year and i know my mom's (preston's too) will love it. Flowers die and nic nacs get forgotten but everyone enjoys chocolate covered strawberries!!

    ReplyDelete