Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pile of Books

I have several goals for the time I spend at home this summer. One of those is to read some books I've bought over the last year or so (some were bought as long as 2 years ago!). As I was packing my bookshelf, I left out the unread books in attempt to get these read before I buy any more! I love buying new books and think I would feel even better if I didn't have a pile of 6 unread books sitting at home. So, here's the list as it stands now:

Push by Sapphire
The Diary of a Young Girl - Anne Frank by (of course) Anne Frank
Antony and Cleopatra by Colleen McCullough 
1 Dead in Attic by Chris Rose
All But My Life by Gerda Weissmann Klein
Columbine by Dave Cullen

There it is. My mountain. I'm about 100 pages into Columbine so I'll probably try to finish that one before moving on to the others. Also, I've banned myself from Harry Potter until I've finished these books. I love Harry Potter and my Nora Roberts romance novels but since I'll have the time and energy, I'm going to broaden my horizons a bit. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll add a few more to the pile...
    Twilight - trust me the books are worth it and the movies are not.
    The Vampire Academy Series - yep more vamps but this one will totally suck you in along with...
    The House of Night - more vamps and love and such but i read all 6 books in about 8 days.
    The Percy Jackson Series - the movie doesn't do the books justice at all. I just finished the last one today.

    ReplyDelete