Friday, May 7, 2010

Clutter = Wasted $$$

It's true...and it sucks. I've been legitimately sifting through my heaps of stuff this time around rather than just packing every last little thing (which by the way is expensive and time consuming and a pain in the ass). And I've decided to get serious about decluttering my life once and for all. It's been a mostly positive process but every once in a while I stumble across some stuff that really irritates me.

For example, I was cleaning out the hall closet and found an entire small Uhaul box of beauty products and cosmetics. The stuff in there was between 1 and 4 years old. There was over $100 worth of stuff (that is now old and gross and therefore useless) in that box! I was so mad at myself for letting all that perfectly good (at one point in its life) stuff go to waste. And by the way, why did I have 4 year old lotion anyway!? Grrr. I also found approximately 800 q-tips (literally, two 400 count packages). Seriously? Then while in the kitchen, I noticed that I have two cans of italian bread crumbs...I don't cook, why is this in my kitchen!!! Ok, I'll stop yelling. I'm just frustrated. My point is this, the more cluttered your house, the more you duplicate purchases because you can't find, or don't want to dig though the mess to find, something that you may already have. Ergo, money wasted. :(

The solution? An uncluttered life. So that's my goal. I'm decluttering and will do my damndest to stay that way.

1 comment:

  1. Great minds think alike T. This morning my 2 roommates left on an adventure to San Antonio and i stayed behind. No sooner did the door lock behind them did i find myself cleaning out our spice cabinet and pantry. Soooooo much stuff that we A) don't use or B) have three of!!! Ugh, they will learn to live like me if it's the last thing i do.

    ReplyDelete