Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Flea Market and Moving

Well, Sunday was moving day. We drove the 8.5 hours from Athens, GA to Slidell, LA. It was quite a trip. It actually may have been a little shorter if we had not had to stop several times for me to pee. Oops. The drive itself was, thankfully, uneventful. It did rain a bit on the way down but thanks to our awesome tarping skills the boxes only got slightly damp. And if you can believe it, everything I (now) own fit into the bed/cab of the pick-up truck and in my Corolla! That's a far cry from the amount of stuff I moved to Georgia with. And that's mainly thanks to selling/donating all my furniture and...the trip to the flea market! I know, everyone has been anxiously awaiting details, so here they are!

We got to the J&J Flea Market at around 7:30am. Now, the website had said that people get there to set up at around 6am. Yeah, right, not happening. We needed to pack the truck and get coffee before heading down there. So anyway, we had no sooner backed up to our table when the locusts descended. Now, to be clear, I'm not comparing the people at the flea market to locusts per se, just the manner in which they descended on the table. Which, might I add, I am hugely grateful for because their...enthusiasm...helped me get rid of tons of stuff and make...ahem, $279! And we even left by about 1pm. Needless to say, it was a huge success. :)

After we had sold our own wares, we ventured out to see what else was being sold. But even though  the flea market is technically open until 5pm, most everyone packs up by about 1pm or 2pm. So there wasn't too much for us to see. The only interesting animals around were chickens, no goats or adorable puppies this time. Although there was a woman selling a bunch of old spoons. Anyway, the point is, it was a huge success!

Soon to come, tales of living at home. :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you made so much money! Maybe I should sell some stuff at a flea market...

    ReplyDelete