Thursday, June 10, 2010

Computer Capers

I'm not sure if this title quite fits...but I've been really slacking with both cute titles and blog writing in general...so, here it is. And it's even less cool now that I've explained it...I digress. :)

Anyway, so I've been having some computer issues for quite some time now. I actually didn't even realize that the problem was my computer (rather than a network or something like that) until a couple months ago. Since then, I have tried everything from trouble shooting online to brining my computer to the Apple store, twice. Then I brought it to my step-dad, who changed one little setting on it and *magic* it worked! For about 3 days. Sad face. Then, after spending literally hours backing up everything on my computer I completely wiped out the hard drive and re-installed my operating system. Loads of fun. But, I thought at the time, totally worth it because my computer worked great...for less than 24 hours. Sigh. As a last ditch effort, I have posted and SOS on an Apple discussion forum. We'll see how it goes.

But the people at Apple have me paranoid. Because when I took it in to them (the second time) they told me that nothing was wrong with my computer. But I swear, there really is a problem, or am I just being picky? I don't think so but now I'm all confused. I'm honestly not sure the problem will be fully resolved until several years from now when I purchase a new computer.

But it's just my luck. I have like the one Mac in the world that doesn't work brilliantly. On the plus side, I've learned a lot about my computer by trying to figure out what's wrong with it. :) Silver lining. :)

1 comment:

  1. When you said "sad face" it reminded me of how we used to make a sad face and then point to it as if that made what we were saying even sadder. Anyway...maybe someone will solve your mystery problem.

    ReplyDelete