Monday, June 21, 2010

Reading Update

A month or two ago, I posted a reading list, and I have read several books this summer...but only one on the original list. Oops. My intention was to read and comment, but as you can tell, my blogging has left something to be desired lately. But I'll give you my thoughts on what I have read anyway...

Colombine: If you remember, this is the book about the Colombine High School tragedy. Despite the obviously tragic story, it was incredibly well written and very interesting. However, if you're someone who gets emotionally involved in what you read, you may need to stop and start this one a couple times. But it's totally worth it.

Savor the Moment: The third book in Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet. It's wonderful. Ok, so I'm a romance-novel-aholic...but seriously. It's a perfect summer love story and made for a lovely, light, make you feel good, read.

Black Hills: Surprise, surprise. More Nora Roberts. I picked this one up at Target for another "light read" after Colombine but it turned out to be one of her thriller/murder mystery types. Oops. It was really awesome anyway, because it's Nora Roberts, and she's always great. 

Rich Again: I'm sorry, but do not read this book. It was supposed to be about this fabulously wealthy and not so fabulously dysfunctional family, who have all of these problems...because of a malicious stalker? Yeah, they really seem to create their own horrible destiny but then it turns out it's a psychopath? It's one disastrous event after another, without any real plot.

I haven't decided what I'm going to read next. I guess something from my list...

1 comment:

  1. I have been a reading fool since i got my Kindle! I could suggest plenty but i'm not sure if you'd like them. I've been on a bit of a fantasy trip recenlty (ie Percy Jackson series, Vampire Academy series, House of Night series, and the Mercy Thompson series). Anyway, let me know hehe i'll be happy to advise ;)

    ReplyDelete