Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hobby Update

Ok, so I've taken up cross-stitching. I tried a couple simple projects first to hone my skills. The first one came out pretty well and I quit the second one half-way because I didn't like the colors. I should have picked my own rather than going with the suggested ones. I've since bought a couple books on cross-stitching, my favorite of which is an entire book of bookmark patterns. I'm making Manny a robot bookmark as we speak! I'll have to take some pictures soon and put them up.

Also, I have actually started horseback riding again! Yay! Except, you know, in the 2 months it took me to start, I have completely lost my legs again. Ugh. I've been feeling extrememly "floppy". This week was a little better except that I did almost fall off after losing my stirrup over a jump. Oops. Back in the day, losing a stirrup would have been no big deal, but my legs aren't as strong as they used to be and I had a sneaking suspicion that if I continued w/ only one stirrup I would be on the ground after the next jump. So, as always, just a little calamity in my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment