Friday, October 22, 2010

What's the Point?

So I've discovered I really enjoy cross-stitching. For some reason the little designs filled with endless "x"'s just make me really happy. And it's pretty fun to do even though sometimes I have to cut out several rows I've just stitched because I mis-counted. Oops. However, my dilemma from the start has been what am I going to do with all these things I stitch? I'm pretty sure all my family and friends (myself included) do not want their houses filled with useless "samplers" and things that look like they belong in a log cabin. Please don't take offense if you do choose to decorate your house that way, it's just not my taste. Anyway, my point is I've decided to be a practical cross-stitcher. My goal will be to stitch useful things whether they are for me or to be gifts for others.

So far, the most practical things I've found are bookmarks and Christmas ornaments. I've also considered doing some stuff on some tea towels. I'll keep you in the loop as to what else I find.

Coming soon: pictures of projects in the works.

1 comment: