Monday, November 8, 2010

Money Monday

The past week(ish) has definitely been a learning experience on where my money goes. At this point, I'm a little more than half way through my biweekly budget. Something I've had to repeat to myself over and over this week is that I'm not going to get such a structured budget perfectly right the first time around. I need to just stick with it, learn from it, and do better on the next one. Here's a look at what I'm over and under budget on this week.

Groceries: under 
Eating Out: way way over. :(
Gas: under
Miscellaneous: way way over
Rent: right on the money (but that's kind of a gimme)
Utilities: under 


My Eating Out and Miscellaneous budgets were epic fails this time around. Why? Well, I was doing great until Manny and I went out to eat last night to watch the football game, and then had lunch at the mall today while doing some Christmas shopping. And Miscellaneous? I'm honestly not 100% sure what happened there. Too many trips to Target perhaps? The problem is it all seemed necessary at the time. Also, if you count the plane ticket home for the holidays (which I didn't) that would make me even more over budget. But that came out of savings so it kind of didn't count.

Another budgeting issue that's been on my mind a lot lately is Christmas. I actually had a little baby Christmas budget melt down this weekend before I realized that it's really going to be just fine. Goal for next year? Save for Christmas year round. Hence the itemized savings idea. More on that later.

Well, that's all for now. My new bi-weekly budget starts Friday so I'm sure my budget will look great next week! But don't worry, I'm also going to check in with how this term's budget ended up. Gulp. :) Have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment