Monday, November 22, 2010

Money Monday

Ugh. Is it really already time to talk about money again? We had a really fun weekend (though it did involve some money spending) We saw Harry Potter 7, and it was awesome!!! And Manny has a bake sale thing for work Monday (today) and we baked 200 cookies, 2 pans of brownies, 3 pumpkin pies, and 3 loaves of pumpkin bread. It really didn't cost us too much money as only 44 of the cookies and the pie crusts were store bought. The rest was just money spent on sugar, flour, and all that other stuff you need for baking. We did buy a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, but we'll talk about that another day. Anyway, now we'll check in with the budget:


Car Insurance: still right on ;)
Gasoline: still under (for now)
Grocery: under (but not for long)
Eating Out: still over but not more over than it was last Monday :)
Christmas: over over over
Fun Money: under (mainly because I feel guilty spending money for myself with Christmas right around the corner
Miscellaneous: over over over

So I guess we're doing pretty ok, and I get paid Friday. :) I think my budget still needs to be tweaked a bit, a reallocating of funds if you will.


Next on the list for Money Monday...mint.com. So I signed up to see what was what. Honestly, I don't like it so far but I think it's because I don't understand it yet. So I'll write again when I have more time to play with it.


Now the Weekly Money Checkup courtesy of My Pretty Pennies...



1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on groceries.
2. Today I feel icky towards money.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was finishing up some cross-stitching projects! (pictures coming soon!)
4. I will consider this week a success if I don't spend too much more money before payday.
5. My favorite food at Thanksgiving is green bean casserole and baked macaroni and cheese.
Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Goodness T you've been doing a great job keeping up with this! I haven't had time to read all of them yet but i will. As far as the Kitchen Aid i'm super Jealous!!! On being over for Chirstmas, join the club. I made a lot of my gifts but i didn't for the guys....lets face it, handmade crochet projects for most men isn't a present :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The stand mixer was a surprise...a wonderful one! Hehe. And as far as being over for Christmas...whatever, that's what ass-cold January is for. Not leaving your house or spending any money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE my Kitchen Aid Accolade Mixer.. they really are amazing!!! :) Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete