Monday, November 29, 2010

Money Monday


So today is my most shameful Money Monday post to date. :( Not only was I over budget in almost every category, but I forgot to reset my budget and prepare for this period's check/budget. I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. In my defense, Thanksgiving happened, and then I got sick. So rather than go through my budgets like I usually do, I'm going to share my (current) feelings about mint.com.

I have to say, so far I don't like it. That's not fair. I don't completely understand it yet, and am still a little overwhelmed by it. And I tend to dislike things I don't understand. However, it has given me some useful insight on what credit card would be good for me to apply for, and after Christmas I'm looking forward to using the goal setting feature.

It also breaks up my expenses into pre-determined categories, which I'm not sure I like. But maybe it's my categories that are the problem. Maybe I'm the one making this whole budgeting thing more difficult than it needs to be. (Throwing Christmas into the mix right now isn't really helping either.)

I also have to say that the actual interface is pretty appealing. It was a little overwhelming at first but I like it more each time I look at it. I think my main problem with it is that I just don't know how to use it yet. So, I'm hoping the more I learn, the more I like it. I'll keep you posted.

That's all for now but check back later for the Weekly Money Check-Up (courtesy of My Pretty Pennies).

1 comment:

  1. hey christine! Loved reading the blog! I have been using mint.com for a while now and agree that it can be over a little overwhelming at first, but it will get better!
    I have also started using coupons and last night, Rite Aid PAID ME to shop! I got good products and it was awesome! haha, the joys in life!!!

    ReplyDelete