Saturday, December 4, 2010

The First "Real" Snow

Today marks our first "real snow" here in Ohio. It's our second snow by my standards but today is the first day that it's really accumulating so I guess this is first "real" one. Here are some things I've learned about winter in Ohio so far.

1. Snow is pretty to look at, but it's just really cold rain that sticks to your face.

2. Waterproof mascara is a must from now until March (see previous statement re: snow)

3. Snow sticks to everything. Shoes, puppy noses, face, eyelashes, etc.

I also bought my first "real" ice scraper today. It is 3 feet long and has a snow brush on the end. My old one is about 10 inches long and is good for just about nothing up here. I'll be sure to share the rest of my winter learning as the season progresses. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yuck. You're a lot braver than I am. I like snow, but only when it doesn't stick.

    ReplyDelete