Monday, December 20, 2010

Money Monday/Weekly Money Check Up

Well this week I'm actually doing really well money-wise. I am well within my budgets considering I get paid Friday (or maybe Thursday!). I completely ignored my budgets when I went home last week for a family emergency (hence the lack of posting) but I got back up to speed today and was thrilled to see that I'm doing great! I do have to say, however, that I am extremely thankful and grateful to my parents for flying me home and thus saving me from blowing my budget/savings to smithereens.

Anyhow, I will proceed now to my Weekly Money Check Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies.

1. The most I've spent this last week was on Christmas presents! I finished up some holiday shopping (sort of finished) but that's definitely the most I've spent.

2. Today I feel downright giddy about money. I feel like we're about the turn the holiday corner and I can finally start building my savings back up!

3. Money can't buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did in the last week was eat cheap mall Chinese food with Manny while finishing Christmas shopping. (Does it count even if the shopping itself was expensive?!)

4. I will consider this week a success if I don't lost my mind. I feel like I have a LOT to do before we leave to go home in TWO DAYS!

5. My favorite holiday movie is A Christmas Story!! Red Rider BB Gun anyone?!!!

Truth be told (and I know I'm being redundant) I would not be in the financial position I am not if it weren't for my parents. I would have had to spend a huge chunk of my savings on plane tickets to get home quickly it would have hit me hard financially. So here's to parents and building that Emergency Fund back up ASAP. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment