Thursday, December 9, 2010

More about Winter...

A couple years ago I was living in Maryland and experienced my first "real" winter. It was nice, didn't last all that long, and I got to see some snow. Winter in the midwest is a whole different beast. I haven't seen the warm side of the twenties in over a week. My puppy's paws get frozen and he whimpers every time we take him out to pee. A week or so ago, I wrote about our first "real" snow...and it snowed for like 5 days. Now it's just colder than all get out and, surprise, it's going to snow some more later this week. (Apparently this is "uncharacteristic"...goody for me.) Anyway, here are some more things I've learned about winter.

1. Wear a hat. A warm warmer head goes a long way.

2. Shuffle when walking on ice. I generally walk with a purpose, and if you do that on ice, you'll be on your ass in 3 seconds flat.

3. Winter hats ruin hair and make-up. Keep emergency hair/make-up supplies in your purse. And don't try anything fancy with your hair in the winter, your hat will just smush it.

4. Getting out the door, even just to take the dog out, takes at least 5 minutes of preparation (hat, coat, boots, etc.) I mean, I could just take the dog out and be cold, but I choose not to.

5. I have never loved hot coffee so much.

That's all for now...as promised I will keep you abreast of all the things I learn this winter, lest you ever have to spend a winter in the midwest!

No comments:

Post a Comment