Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I can't wait...

to go home in February and shop for my wedding dress!!! I am so excited and have really been looking forward to this part of the whole wedding planning thing. So in a month-ish, my mom, step-mom, and sister (i.e. Maid of Honor) and myself, of course, will spend a Saturday in search of the dress. Yay!

According to all wedding resources, I should be doing lots of research prior to these appointments. I should research styles, textures, colors, prices, etc. The list goes on. And I have been, somewhat. I've looked at websites, made lists and lists of "favorites" and have come to this conclusion....I love all wedding dresses!

Haha. Not really, but I'm not nearly as picky as I thought I'd be. The only things I really don't want are a mermaid style gown or a sheath type dress. But between strapless, sweetheart, and halter...they're all beautiful. White, ivory, or cream...no idea, I'll have to see what it looks like on. And as far as the cut, I really like dresses with a fitted bodice but have no idea whether a drop-waist will make me look taller or like an oompa-loompa. There's so many styles and varieties to choose from! And one dress seems more beautiful than the next! The good thing about all this is that I'm quite sure I'll be able to find a gorgeous dress within my price range. This is very encouraging.

In the next few weeks I'd like to start printing out some pictures and general guidelines to give to the person helping us, just so we have a direction to go in. I'm planning on hitting three bridal stores that day so it will be quite a day. It will be a day of coffee and coffee and more coffee. But even with all the stress and worry, I'm so excited I could burst!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment