Sunday, January 16, 2011

Alarm Clocks Are for Losers

I nearly always experience some sort of Insanity when traveling.
Today has continued with that theme. I'm flying home due to a death in the family so it's more important than ever that I make my flight and it would really make my life a little easier if things went smoothly. Of course it would. So my flight was set to leave Ohio at 7:20. I wanted to leave the house by about 5:15. Apparently I set my alarm for 5:45. Not so condusive to leaving at 5:15. After waking and dressing in approximately 4 minutes (thank the Lord I had already laid my clothes out) my wonderful fiancé and I stumble out of the house to the car. (And I specify wonderful fiancé because I was planning on driving myself to the airport but because of my idiocy I no longer have time to park and walk so he had to drive me). Anyway, he's rather stumbly, I am actually looking a little like a squirrel on crack because I'm so panicked about getting to the airport on time.

Thankfully, I'm not checking any bags and had the forethought to print my boarding pass last night. So, really, all I have to do is get through security and get to my gate. The last time I went through security at this airport I had to go through one of those freakin' body scanner things but not today. (In all seriousness, I'm quite thankful they're taking such measures to protect us, but I did feel really awkward standing there, legs splayed, hands on my head like I'm trying to imitate a moose while they are looking at all my secrets making sure I'm not hiding explosives in my lady parts. Again, I digress.)

So anyway, I get through security and to my gate without incident. Now I just have a four hour layover to get through. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Another Doctor chimes in:
    Quote:
    It’s a bad mistake, as radiation is cumulative, and the body can only handle so much before cancer strikes.
    Quote:
    ... avoid radiation like the plague. Remember, a small hole can sink a large ship. Too many bits of a little radiation can produce long-term health risks. Take the pat-down every time.
    By W. Gifford-Jones, M.D.
    http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/49419/
    __________________

    ReplyDelete