Sunday, January 30, 2011

January Goal Review

I haven't been doing these goal posts for very long but one thing I have quickly learned is that unless the goals are specific, there is very little chance that I will actually complete them. And honestly, if they're random subjective goals, how do you even measure whether or not you completed them? This is the problem I found with January Goals #4 and #5. Maybe this is just my excuse for not completing them. Nevertheless, from now on, I'm going to make a point to make goals more specific. But now to review January's goals!

January Goal Review:
1. Mail Christmas Thank You cards Check!
2. Join a gym. Check!
3. Go to the gym 2x per week FAIL
4. Keep my house organized FAIL
5. Take more pictures and continue to play with our editing software FAIL


At first glance it looks like I didn't do too well. But I'm psyched that even two of those goals are checked off! And I still did better than with my December Goals.

Another little tip for completing goals, you might want to take a look at them from time to time. One of my biggest problems with my December Goals was that I kind of forgot about them. Oops. My January ones I just plain screwed up on, but it's still good to have them in your mind.

How did you do on your January Goals?

1 comment:

  1. Yep, that's my biggest problem. I think I'm going to try to re-read my goals each morning to help me stay on track.

    ReplyDelete