Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Money Monday....erm, Tuesday...and (kind of) a Weekly Money Check-Up

So as Christmas came and went I completely forgot about my budget. I didn't go over, I just completely failed at inputting all the numbers. Then Christmas Eve I got paid again, and was totally unprepared and didn't even have a budget ready. Oops. However, I get paid again this Friday so I will once again try valiantly to keep up with my budget. I guess my issue is that I'm doing pretty well money-wise so it's easy to forget about keeping track of things. But it's a new week and even a new year so here's to keeping better track of my money!

And now for the Weekly Money Check-Up
courtesy of My Pretty Pennies


1. The most I've spent this last week was on stuff at Target to organize our bedroom. We are trying desperately to have a lovely, clean, organized house in 2011.

2. Today I feel optimistic towards money. We have a lot of saving to do in 2011 and I think we've got a good start on it.


3. Money can't buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was have homemade beignets with my finace (heehee. I love saying fiance)

4. I will consider this week a success if I...join a gym.

3 comments:

  1. Hurry up and get married... and you can use one for free! On base!

    Matt Ames

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest P90X instead of a gym. That way you have zero transit time, you pay a one time fee of $200, you can do it on your own hours not when they are open, and no stinky other people around. I hear that it is a total system. Diet and work out so you cover all bases. I'm getting it from Judith which makes it free hehehe. Just an idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Matt: working on it.

    @Sarah: i'm afraid if it's just in my house I won't do it. and the YMCA close to us is (should be, i hope) pretty cheap. i'll definitely keep it in mind if i seem to be wasting money

    ReplyDelete