Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February Goals!



February Goals:
1. Develop CSCS Study Plan 
I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. But look for a post about the CSCS and why I'm getting it coming soon!

2. Register for CSCS Exam 
I'm planning on doing this direct through the hospital so that I don't have to pay for it and then be reimbursed but that takes a fair bit of paperwork. So, I'm getting started now and hoping it will get done by the end of the month.

3. Find a wedding dress
I'm heading home later in the month to go wedding dress shopping with my mom, step-mom, and sister (also maid of honor)! I could not be more excited and really hope I find something!

4. Develop and begin 1/2 marathon training program
So you may have read that I'm running a 1/2 marathon in September...but right now I'm horribly out of shape. So I need to get started now!

5. Track fitness progress by recording weight and resting heart rate on each workout day.
Some of my fitness goals (besides just being able to complete the 1/2 marathon of course) is to lower my blood pressure, resting heart rate, and track my weight. I'm not really all that concerned about losing weight, but shedding a couple pounds wouldn't exactly hurt my feelings. ;)


6. Go to (at least) one exercise class per week at YMCA.
One of the reasons I'm so excited about the YMCA is that they have all sorts of group exercise classes that are FREE for members! They have yoga, cardio kick, and all sorts of other stuff that looked really fun!

Do you have any goals for February? 

1 comment:

  1. found a marathon related link you might find helpful/interesting:

    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/running/training-schedules/half-marathon-training-guide/

    ReplyDelete