Thursday, February 17, 2011

Frugal Habits

When I was in high school, and then again in college, I had to read the book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (maybe it was Teens, but it's basically the same thing). I've actually been thinking of reading the adult version for a while now, in order to remind myself that productivity is a conscious decision, not just something that some people are (or aren't!) born with. Anyway, I was cruising around on CNN today and found this article about how to relate the 7 Habits to frugality! Upon further investigation, it's actually a post from this finance blog called MoneyNing.

I always enjoy finding even more ways to be frugal and stretch a dollar! It has some good ideas but also reminded me of some of the things I'm doing right! Being frugal, saving money, and being in control of your finances is definitely a conscious decision that takes a considerable amount of work. But if I do say so myself, it's totally worth it! Yes, I am a little obsessed with my budget-tracking Excel spreadsheet...but it beats the hell out of stressing about whether or not I'm going to have money at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment