Thursday, February 3, 2011

Savings Goals

As you may or may not have noticed, I have added a sidebar labeled "Savings Goals." (If you haven't, check it out real quick!) One of my biggest money stressors when I didn't have a "real" job was that I never was able to save up for anything. I was only even able to make ends meet because my parents helped and you can forget building up any sort of savings. But now that I've had my real job for a few months (and Christmas is over), it's time to put some serious effort into saving!

Just like with anything else, I've divided up my savings into categories. There are a few things I've been wanting to save up for and I'd really like to get that ball rolling!

Wedding Fund: This is the goal we're most aggressively saving towards right now. We have a set monthly amount that we're both contributing in order to reach our goal in time for the wedding.

Emergency Fund: My emergency fund is something that's been really neglected here recently forever. And I'm sad to say that there have been a couple emergencies recently that other people have had to help with because my one and only savings account was still recovering from Christmas. I'd really like to be self-sufficient in case of emergency.

Travel: I'd like to do a bit of traveling to see friends this summer but I can't do this without money...

Christmas: Like I mentioned before, Christmas bled me a little last year and I would like to be more prepared this year. Especially since we're getting married right before Christmas, I want to make sure I have money set aside.

So there you have it. I'm sure I'll add or takeaway some categories here or there, but as always, I'll keep you posted. :)

1 comment: