Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Cookies

So I know this is a day late but here's a picture of my Valentine's Day cookies!

Everyone at the office said they were really yummy and I have to say, I agree. I tasted several during the baking and they were pretty wonderful. I wish I had a better picture but I just snapped this one with my phone real quick before collapsing into bed the other night.

Sugar Cookie recipe can be found here.

For the red and pink cookies, icing recipe can be found here. To get the color, I added varying amounts of red food coloring.

For the purple and white cookies. I used Microwavable Melting Candies in the white and orchid colors (both vanilla flavor). And to get the drizzle I used a little candy decorating bottle.


This was the first time using the melting chocolates and the decorating bottle, and I loved it! And the chocolate covered cookies tasted amazing, maybe even better than the iced ones! I'm super excited and am looking for another reason to bake and decorate cookies. 

1 comment: