Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been wanting to make cookies all week but couldn't think of a reason to make them. Then I realized I didn't need a reason, so I did. :) And also, Manny really wanted some and apparently "but, honey, I'm deploying soon" is a good excuse for just about anything. ;)

So anyway, I found this recipe on Pillsbury's website back at Christmas time.




Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour*
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 bag (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips

*sometimes when it's very dry outside we decrease the flour a little

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In large bowl, beat sugars, butter, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips. 
Use hands to roll dough into ~1.5 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet* about 2 inches apart. 
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown** (centers will be soft). Cool 1-2 minutes, remove to wire rack.

*We use stoneware instead of cookie sheets. I highly recommend it.
**For practically perfect cookies, take them out of the oven right before you think they're done. Like, that moment when you think "Hmm, I think they're almost ready, I'll just leave them in another minute..." take them out! They'll be wonderful and soft, even the next day.




Oh, and if anyone was wondering what Manny was doing while I was slaving away making delicious cookies?...

Yep, laying on the couch, waiting for me to deliver chocolatey amazingness. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment