Thursday, May 5, 2011

1/2 Marathon training update


Ok, so I've finally gotten down to business with this 1/2 marathon training thing. I had found a 1/2 marathon training program a while ago, but it's "only" a 12 week program so I haven't really thought about it much since then. And if you clicked on the link, I'm following the "novice" program because even that one has 2, 3, and 4 mile runs in the first week. A friend of mine from college said she used this program and it worked really well.

Since the program is only 12 weeks long, I will start using it around June 26. Until then, my goal is to work up to being able to run 3 miles comfortably. Today I ran only one mile and not so comfortably. The program has a nice little schedule of when you do cross training, when you run, and when you rest. I plan on following a similar pattern leading up to June 26 so that I'm already in a rhythm. Here goes!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck T! I wish i had time to train for that but w/ my nutso schedule who knows when i'll get a free hour or more during the week to to for 5+ mi runs. You're gonna be in great shape after it all though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck, i'm on week 2 of my 1/2 marathon training and so far so good!

    ReplyDelete