Monday, May 2, 2011

Menu Plan Monday



Eek! This is my first one and I'm a little nervous. I don't have fancy recipes and I can't cook very well but I really just want to get a little more organized.

I've decided to start menu planning for two main reasons:
1. more purposeful grocery trips (read: save money!)
2. reduce fast food intake (read: save money and lose weight!)

Well, here goes! :)

Monday:
breakfast: SlimFast
lunch: carrots, ranch dip, peanut butter and jelly sandwich
dinner: whole wheat pasta with olive oil

Tuesday:
breakfast: oatmeal
lunch: turkey and cheese sandwich
dinner: black bean salad (will try and post recipe!)

Wednesday: 
breakfast: SlimFast
lunch: leftover black bean salad
dinner: grilled turkey and cheese sandwich

Thursday:
breakfast: oatmeal
lunch: peanut butter and jelly sandwich
dinner: chicken and potatoes

Friday:
breakfast: SlimFast
lunch: pita and hummus
dinner: grilled cheese

Menu Plan Monday is hosted by I'm An Organizing Junkie. Check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first Menu Plan Monday post! I recently joined the 'blogosphere' and linked up with Org Junkie for the last few weeks. Menu planning is so helpful and its awesome to check out other peoples menu's for idea's Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to MPM! I did my first one just a few weeks ago, and it's been so helpful already! Having everything planned out makes life easier, since both my fiance and I work full-time. We don't use fancy recipes either, and our grocery trips are much quicker and more organized when I know exactly what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @elizabeth it may be about the lamest menu plan ever but it's a start!

    @desiree thanks! :)

    @amy i know what you mean. i'm trying to avoid going to the grocery several times per week!

    ReplyDelete