Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm not lost...

...I've just been insanely busy. That seems to be a theme these days doesn't it. :)

Well, I went home for a week. Yes, an entire week. I had an athletic training conference to go to, and my work schedule worked out to allow me to go home several days early to try and knock out some wedding planning. And knock it out we did!

We...
- booked a florist (only after meeting with two different ones)
- visited the bakery to view and taste cake
- looked at invitations
- made my sister try on bridesmaids dresses
- visited the reception site
- and potentially found a hair stylist

As usual, there was some insanity involved. First, one of the florists (the one I actually ended up going with anyway) called me Thursday afternoon to say that if I didn't call them back, there were going to assume I wasn't coming to my appointment. Um, what?! I had just talked to them Wednesday morning so I was a little confused. I called back immediately (I got the message when my plane landed) and told the woman that I was absolutely planning on attending my appointment. She then said that I needed to go online and fill out the form so they knew which kinds of flowers to show me. I reminded her that I had alreday done this the night before as she had already asked me to on Wednesday. Apparently it got misplaced. I was kind of irritated by that already, but then I get a text message from the same woman Thursday night asking if I can change my appointment to 10am. I couldn't because I had tons of other appointments alreday scheduled that day. She then asked if I could come at 4pm. No, I can't. All of this is through text and in the middle of my sister's dance recital where I am running back and forth between the dressing room and my seat trying to help my sister get dressed and then get back in time to video the performance. So finally I find a 10 minute break and call this woman. I ask her directly, and as nicely as I could muster, if she had double booked my time. She said no, that she had a family emergency. Sounds fishy, but whatever. She asks if I'm available on Saturday and we finally settle on Saturday at 1pm. We ended up having an appointment with the owner, who we weren't sure of at first, but she showed up some really beautiful flowers and her personality did wind up winning us over in the end. :)

What has everyone else been up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment