Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Oh Monday, How I Loathe Thee

So, Monday, not my favorite. Especially since my new schedule requires me to be at work for about 6:50am. Gross. So yesterday I woke up (25 minutes late, not a good start), got ready for work and raced out the door. I noticed when I put on my pants that these were the same pants whose zipper I had broken last week. I mean, it wasn't broken broken, just a little broken, so I figured it would be ok.

I arrive at work at 7 on the dot, just seconds from actually being late, and after a few minutes of discussing a patient with a colleague realize that my pants, will not in fact, stay zipped on their own. Grrr. To top it off, my first patient of the day is a particularly inappropriate gentleman, who I really don't want to have to treat when my pants won't stay zipped.

Luckily, I had time to try and fix my pants before he arrived. I went to the storage room and got some particularly sticky tape (unfortunately, not athletic tape as I was in the clinic, but it was McConnell tape for those of you keeping score), went to the bathroom and taped my zipper into place. Sadly, this is not the first time I've used some sort of medical tape to fix my pants.

Ok, so it worked pretty well, but as some of you may know, I have to pee a lot. So everytime I had to go use the bathroom yesterday, it took like twice as long because I had to untape, and then retape my pants. Sigh. The moral of the story? I need to buy new pants, like today. I have a couple other pairs, but they too are on their last legs (pun intended).

Well that's all for today, but coming soon....
Budget Stuff, Our How We Met Story (yeah, I know, this has taken forever), and surely some other random stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment