Saturday, July 16, 2011

1/2 Marathon Training Update

I'm pretty sure the last time I updated, I wasn't doing a whole lot of anything towards preparing for this 1/2 marathon looming ahead. I had found a "plan", but that was about it. Since then I've actually been hitting the pavement and ran 5.2 miles this morning! That may be peanuts to some of you more experienced runners but that's farther than I've ever run in. my. life.! YAY!

About that 5.2 miles...It did NOT feel good. Seriously, my feet hurt, my stomach hurt, and one of my toenails decided to gouge one of my other toes and make it bleed. Is running always this painful!? One thing I know will help is to hydrate better. Diet Coke and coffee are my best friends and I find it really hard to give them up. :)

Anyone have any advice? Or do I just need to suck it up and power through?

1 comment:

  1. The girl I work with, who is training for a full marathon, has at least 3 pairs of running shoes, and I know she drinks a crapton of water, and gets lots of sleep. She also seems to stretch a lot.

    Maybe you need some new shoes and to drink some more water?

    ReplyDelete