Thursday, July 14, 2011

from clutterbug to clean freak

Any of you who know me personally know that I'm a bit of a clutterbug. However, this characteristic of mine has been bugging me (no pun intended) for quite some time. As I've gotten older, I've really wanted to be the kind of person who has a neat, clean, well kept house. I don't want y'all to think I'm some crazy hoarder or something (though I do have some hoarding "tendencies") but I so envy those homes where every little thing has it's place, and is kept there. :)

Well, I'm hosting a bridal shower for a friend this weekend and this one is going to be at my house. I enlisted the help of a friend because I knew I wanted my downstairs to be absolutely spotless for the shower. After 11 hours of cleaning and organizing, it looks amazing! The hardest thing for me is going to be keeping up with this after the shower. However, thanks to my best friend, I found this planner to help keep me on track. The planner is called the Motivated Moms planner, and I know I'm not a mom, but I'm still responsible for keeping our house clean (or at least that's how I feel).

However, now that the downstairs looks amazing. I need to tackle our bedroom. I may be a little too embarassed to post "before" pictures as the clutter up there has gotten really out of hand. Although I did take some pictures a while ago.... Anyway, look for some Operation Organize updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment