Monday, August 1, 2011

August Goals

Starting this past December, I began making a list of monthly goals and posting them here. I find that posting goals on my blog helps keep me a little more accountable. :)






Ok, so I know I've said this a lot this year, but it really is hard for me to believe it's already August! Summer is over, and the crap hits the fan at work today. But the good news about that is I'll be up to my eyeballs in work from now until when Manny gets home, hopefully it makes the time go by faster. The only bad part about that is there are quite a few wedding things I need to get done in the next four (eep!) months and I'm not going to have a whole lot of free time on my hands. I think my biggest challenge over the next few months is going to be to not freak out and remember to breathe. :) Ok, now that I've taken a few calming breaths, here are my goals for August. :)


1. Keep up with my household planner.
A few weeks ago, I posted about how I'm trying really hard to get my house in order and keep it that way. Part of that is using a household planner a friend recommended that helps you keep track of daily and weekly chores. 


2. Pick out and order wedding invitations.
I mentioned in my July Goal Review that I had narrowed my invitation choices down to two. This month, prefereably sooner rather than later, I need to make the choice and get them ordered.


3. Make a wedding "To Do" list.
I have a lot of the big things covered. And theknot.com has a really good list that I refer back to, and I also have a binder from my parents that has a big list of To Do's. The only problem with both of those is that I rarely refer to them. I think if I could get one list piled together I would hopefully be more likely to refer to it. :)


4. Complete several organizing projects.
I won't have a heck of a lot of free time this month but here are a few things I'd still like to get accomplished:
     organize bookshelf in master bedroom
     organize linen closet
     organize cabinet under sink in bathroom


Ok, I think that's plenty for my busiest work month of the year. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment