Saturday, August 20, 2011

Free Eggs Taste Better

I love coupons. I don't always use them and I'm not one of those people who uses them to get hundreds of dollars of stuff for three cents but I still love them. Even if I just get fifty cents off an item, that's fifty cents I would have had to spend otherwise! I'm thoroughly convinced that it really does save money over time.

Anyways, I do most of my shopping at our local Kroger as it's right around the corner from my house. Of course I have a KrogerPlus card and load ecoupons on it before grocery shopping. Well every once in a while, Kroger will mail out these little coupon packets and they are my favorite! Why? Because from this last packet I got a FREE dozen eggs and a FREE jar of salsa. I would show you pictures of the salsa but I already ate it all. So instead, I'll show you what I did with some of my free eggs. (No, I'm not going to post a recipe because it's just scrambled eggs and I doubt anyone wants to follow my spazzy cooking directions.)




Voila! Yummy cheese eggs! And they were even better than usual because they were made out of free eggs!!!

This weekend I plan to further put my free eggs to good use by making cookies for work. Do you ever get coupons for free stuff? Am I the only one that gets THIS excited about it?! :)

2 comments:

  1. We just got a packet of coupons from Kroger too! I love anything free and these are actually personalized to the stuff you already buy from Kroger :) Free food does taste better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little packets! I didn't realize until recently that they're personalized. No wonder they're so helpful!

    ReplyDelete