Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lizzy's Christmas Ornament

I was thinking the other day about how I had not done any cross-stiching in at least 4 months. I finished a couple bookmarks several months ago (Happiness Bookmark, Bibliophile Bookmark, and an awesome Robot Bookmark for Manny that I didn't manage to get a picture of), but after that I took a rather long hiatus. To get back in the swing of things, I decided to make my best friend a Christmas ornament to hang on her very first "big girl" tree (this will be her first Christmas in her new house).

Here's some pictures of the progress...
Poinsettia Heart
from Ornaments Galore: Volume 2
stitched on Oatmeal Aida 14 count
with suggested color choices

My only issue now is I can't decide how to finish it. I made a couple ornaments last Christmas, but I'm trying to decide whether to do this one differently. Any of you cross-stitchers have any ideas?!

3 comments:

  1. Eek! I'm so excited! I can't wait to hang it on my tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love this! I cross-stitch but I've never thought to make ornaments...that's a great idea. The only reason I don't cross-stitch more is that I often have no idea what to do with my projects afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @cate thanks! that's my biggest challenge too. i could stitch all day but when it comes time to actually turning it into something.....

    i have a bookmark book (hehe) and the bookmards are SO easy to finish after being stitched. i'll have to post a tutorial ;)

    ReplyDelete