Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mama's Potato Salad

Prepare yourself for a rare recipe post! (Maybe one day these will become common. ;) ) Anyway, I had a barbque to go to for work this weekend and volunteered to bring potato salad. I contemplated just buying some from Kroger but then guilt got the better of me and I called my mom for her recipe. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
3 lbs. small new potatoes
6 eggs
3 celery stalks
1 can black olives (drained)
mayonaise
yellow mustard
salt/pepper (or seasoned salt)
paprika

Directions:
boil your potatoes until soft
set aside to cool
boil your eggs
set aside to cool
(mama's trick: after draining water, put ice in the pot to speed cooling)
chop celery and drain olives, set aside
once cooled, cube potatoes
once cooled, peel and chop eggs
mix together, adding mayonaise, mustard, salt and pepper to tatse
mama's advice: sprinkle a little paprika on the finished product to make it prettier

Yum! I taste tested some and it was pretty darn good if I do say so myself. ;) I think I may try making some on a smaller scale for next week.

Oh, and if you're prone to dropping ice on the floor, you might want to keep one of these handy.

1 comment: