Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekly Money Checkup

I haven't done this in ages! I have no idea why I stopped but I seem to have also stopped keeping really good track of my spending. Maybe participating again will help me get back on track!

For those of you who are new, MPP over at My Pretty Pennies hosts this fill-in post every week. Enjoy!


1. The most I've spent this last week was on a pair of really good, properly fitted running shoes. Most of you probably know I'm training for a half marathon, and since my shoes were starting to wear out I decided to go to a specialty running store and get some shoes that are really good for my feet. And, they weren't any more expensive than what I was going to get at a regular store!

2. Today I am thankful for first world problems. I read a post last week about first world problems and it made me really think about the "difficulties" I face while living in a first world country. I am thankful that my problems do not include not being able to feed my family or not having clean water.

3. Money can't buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was Skype with my honey!

4. I will consider this week a success if I stick to my running schedule. I was doing really well before things got really busy at work and I dropped a weight on my toe. This half marathon is in a little over a month people!

5. If I had today off I would organize our bedroom! I would probably also take a nap. :)

If you want to participate, just head on over to My Pretty Pennies to check it out!

2 comments:

  1. aaahhh i totally just wrote a cute, witty comment and then blogspot messed up and deleted it. POO!!

    anyway... I seriously need to invest in some type of exercise shoe (I hesitate to say "running shoe" because I definitely don't run... although I am thinking about maybe starting the couch-to-5-k just for giggles) because the only exercise shoes I currently own are the ones I used to wear to the Rec when we were in college. Yeah. That's bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh i hate that! that always happens when i try to comment from my phone. :/

    ps, you should totally do the couch to 5k, and you can blog about it! ;)

    ReplyDelete