Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Couponing, Cross-Stitching, and other Old Lady Stuff

Last Winter I had lots of hobbies. I cross-stitched, couponed, blogged, and baked my way through my first Ohio winter. Then Spring came and wedding planning, running, and Manny's impending deployment took over. Then I trudged my way through Summer and Fall, largely just keeping my head above water and awaiting Manny's return. (It sounds bad, but it's kind of true, I feel a bit like most of what I did was just try to pass the time until he came home.) And now Fall is nearly done, and Winter is upon us once again. Even in the few short days since Manny has come home, I feel like I have more free time. I feel like it's ok to take more time to myself because there's someone else to help with all that day-to-day stuff that seemed to take up so much time. I did have free time while he was gone, but I spent a lot of it doing.

I'm looking forward to getting back to my "Winter" hobbies. I bought a new cross-stitch book last night and have already started one of the patterns. (pictures soon!) I received a leaf-shaped cookie cutter from a friend at work and would like to try these.
photo credit and link
I think once we get married I'll have even more free time since I do spend a fair amount of time wedding planning (usually making phone calls, updating spread sheets, or sending emails). I know there's always going to be something to plan for or spend time on, but I'm looking forward to that time of year when (in Ohio at least) there's little else to do but hunker down indoors with some warm socks and a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment