Friday, November 25, 2011

Off My Game

I am so off my game this year. Last year for Thanksgiving, I was so prepared. I had lists and plans and timelines. This year I'm lucky I got up and dressed on time. Manny (fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) was up incredibly early and finished cooking all the food before I was even awake. We watched the parade, had coffee and breakfast, and then showered and dressed and packed the car to go to our friends' house. (She has a blog too!) They just moved into a big new house and it was awesome to have so much room for Thanksgiving!

As soon as we pulled into the driveway, I realized that was had completely forgotten that we had agreed to bring some hors d'oeuvres. Oops. We went in, finished up our casseroles and whatnot and then ate waaaaaayyyyyy too much super amazing food. I also forgot to have a plan for leftovers. Last year, I brought lots of disposable Gladware and paper bags and sent everyone home with food. This year, I didn't think of it until after dinner. I blame wedding brain. Even so, the day was really nice and it was awesome to spend the day with our friends.

I also had big plans to take lots of pictures and blog all our recipes after Thanksgiving. Um, yeah, I kind of forgot about that too. I feel like right now, it's all I can do to just get from one day to the next. Don't get me wrong, it's not a depression thing, it's just a we're-so-freakin-busy-I-can't-hardly-keep-up thing. Even though I sometimes feel like I'm running in circles, I'm so so so thankful for all that is happening in my life right now. I am, however, looking forward to things slowing down a little in 2012....I hope....

No comments:

Post a Comment