Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Backup

I have never been a "backup my computer every so many weeks" kind of person. Even after watching the Sex and the City episode where Carrie loses everything on her computer, I didn't ever feel the need to create a backup system. At work, I very recently started typing up some of my documentation at the high school (rather than hand writing it). When I left for the wedding, everything was fine. Then I come back to work today and the USB drive is complete toast. The computer won't even recognize that something is in there! I took it to our IT people and "it's toast" was the general concensus. :( Thankfully, I've only started doing stuff electronially within the last month so I really didn't lost all that much. But it's still a pain and it's still documentation that I really need to have record of. :/ I think until I figure out a failsafe method I'm going back to paper. Though I should probably start keeping that in a fire safe box.....

No comments:

Post a Comment