Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Handmade Gifts

I love the idea of homemade and handmade gifts. Unfortunately, my projects rarely become actual gifts and sit, half completed, in a box somewhere in my house. I have probably 5 cross stitched gifts that have been stitched but not put together. :( I've also pinned lots of stuff on Pinterest that I would love to make and send as gifts...but I haven't even tried.

This year I've been really good at blaming Manny's homecoming and the wedding for distracting me but truthfully, I've never been successful at completing handmade gifts. But I really want that to change in 2012! I've gotten a bit better at other things I've been historically bad at (such as sending birthday cards/gifts on time) so maybe I can change this too! I would love to be able to make gifts, and ones that people will actually like!

Here's my list of things to try this year:
1. Hand sewn little girl dresses.
2. DIY Bath Fizzies
3. DIY Soy Candles
4. Recipe Jars

I'm sure there are others but that's all for now!

Do y'all handmake gifts? What have you had success with?

2 comments:

  1. "Unfortunately, my projects rarely become actual gifts and sit, half completed, in a box somewhere in my house."

    Amen, sister. I have done fairly well this Christmas though--2 ribbon wreaths and painted canvas. I have so many Pinterest projects I want to do, but haven't. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My DIY projects consist MOSTLY of baking. But I have enough fabric for two quilts I was going to make, and that fabric is still sitting in a box *sigh* Someday! Next year maybe!!

    ReplyDelete