Monday, December 26, 2011

Our Story, Part II: Facebook or something...

If you missed it, last Monday I posted Our Story, Part I. We all know how it ends but the beginning is pretty fun. :) Enjoy!

As the plane lands and then taxis towards the gate I sit still and do not gather any of my belongings. I was determined to wait until the last possible minute to get off that plane in hopes that the cute guy next to me would give me some sort of opening to give him my phone number, email address,...anything. After slowly gathering my things and walking silently off the plane (damn it, why didn't I just grow a set and give him my number?!), I realize that cute boy from the plane has stopped and was searching in his wallet for something. I stop too (Why? I have no idea. I think I was wracking my brain for a last ditch attempt to give him my number) and kind of just stand there awkwardly for a second. He says, "Well, Miss Christine, it was nice to talk to you." I said it was nice to talk to him too and told him to have a safe flight back to Dayton. He hands me a piece of paper and says "Here, if you want you can look me up on Facebook or something."

Before you judge him too harshly, just wait and see what I do when I get home...


As I turn to walk away, I look down to see what it is he has given me. Turns out, have gave me a luggage receipt...with his name on it!!! YES!!! I immediately call my mom to tell her about how I met this adorable guy on the plane. As I'm going on and on about how cute he was and how we talked for the whole plane ride, I pass him walking the other way...embarassing! Hope he didn't hear me! But he was on the phone too so maybe he didn't hear me.

I found out later that he was on the phone telling his mom about me! Bahahaha.


I finally make it to my car and drive the hour and fifteen minutes to the town I lived in at the time. The first thing I did when I got home?...looked him up on Facebook and sent a friend request. :)

I also learned later that the friend request popped up on his phone as soon as he landed in Dayton. Good thing he was already pretty interested in me too or I could have looked like a real stalker. ;) My excuse was is that I wanted to make sure I didn't lose the receipt before looking him up. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.


What happened next is kind of a blur. We talked through Facebook for just under a week, messaging each other almost daily (if not more). Finally, he finally asked for my phone number and asked if I would mind if he gave me a call (he's such a Southern gentleman). I could barely contain my excitement and that night when my phone rang with a strange area code popping up on my Blackberry. I literally made myself stop and take a deep breath before answering. We talked for over 3 hours that night before realizing that we both had to work in the morning. I have no idea what we talked about.


Stay tuned...Our Story continues next week!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read more! I love readin stories of how people met!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, and can't wait for next Monday! You may have inspired me to write our story down, which is also pretty fun :)

    ReplyDelete