Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Goals

photo credit
Despite the fact that I didn't do quite as well on my 2011 Goals as I would have liked...I'm going to give it a whirl again this year! I just love making lists and checking things off! Here's to a happy, healthy, productive year!

1. Grow to 100 blog followers.
My little blog has been bumping along just fine for a while now, but I'd really like it to continue to grow. I know it takes a lot more work than just "wanting" it to happen, but I'm really committed to doing that work this year. :)

2. Read 25 books.
This is a repeat goal from last year since I didn't even come close. Here's hoping I find more time for reading and relaxation in 2012.

3. Write 52 letters.
Last year a saw a couple other bloggers do a 52 weeks/52 letters project. I absolutely love written correspondence so I think this is a perfect project for me. I even got some new stationary for Christmas from my awesome husband!

4. Send on time birthday cards and/or presents to family and friends.
If you know me personally, you know I am horrible at this, and I thank you for loving me and continuing to send me cards and presents anyway. I think I improved *a little* on this last year but I want to keep getting better!

5. Declutter blog post labels.
This has been really bothering me for a while now. My posts are not consistently labeled and how am I supposed to woo readers into reading my content if they can't even find it!? (See goal #1)

6. Run a half marathon in under 2:30:01 (my time from last year)
So I kinda fell in love with running last year. I haven't been doing a lot of it since the wedding (or lets be serious, since the 1/2 marathon) but until the wedding I kept up a nice 2-3 times per week routine. Also, the night before the 1/2 marathon I ran around like a lunatic at work until 11pm, didn't eat dinner, and didn't get more than five and a half hours of sleep. Not so conducive to running 13.1 miles the next day. This year I would like to train a little harder and treat myself right in the days before the race. I'm not saying I want to compete or anything, just do better than I did last year.


7. Run 500 miles.
Last year while training for the 1/2 marathon, I used this website to help me keep track of my workouts. They also have lots of "fitness challenges" on there. I completed the run 100 miles one last year (it was pretty easy since I was elbow deep in 1/2 marathon training) and thought it would be fun to do my own this year!



8. Decide on a Master's program.
Many many moons ago (around the time when I started this blog), I decided to leave the master's program I was in after just one year. There were/are many many reasons for that decision. Also for many many reasons, I would like to find a master's degree program that compliments my bachelor's degree and gives me options for my future.

That's all I've got for now, but if I add more during the year I'll be sure to update my 2012 Goals page! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the 52 letter idea! Glad I found your blog :). Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope i'm one of the 52!!

    ReplyDelete