Friday, January 27, 2012

Clutter and an Organizing Challenge

So my house has gotten a little cluttered again. I don't know what it is, but I attract clutter like shit on velcro. Seriously, y'all, our house looks great and then in (what feels like) the blink of an eye....clutter abounds!!!

I spent most of the morning Thursday cleaning. And by cleaning, I mean decluttering. Both Manny and I are really bad at just setting stuff down wherever and then never putting it in it's rightful place (until one of us goes on a cleaning spree). The other problem is that not everything in our house even has a rightful place.

Truth be told clutter gives me anxiety. Which is, I think, why I avoid dealing with it until I just can't take it anymore. Or until we have guests coming. ;) Our downstairs living area looks a lot better than it did earlier this week but our office/craft room and bedroom still leave a lot to be desired. So, I've decided to take part in I'm an Organizing Junkie's 29 Day Organizing Challenge.


Y'all. I am so excited. My only problem is deciding which room to tackle for the challenge. Technically I could do two rooms (as two different "entries") but I really don't want to commit myself to totally making over two rooms in my house in one month.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I would start with the room you actually live in and use every day - which I guess would be your bedroom. That way, each night going to bed you will have a little sanctuary for you and Manny and will be proud of the progress you made. Then, you can work on the craft room while he works on building your craft table. It's always difficult to start and to finish -- the middle is when you actually make progress and feel good about it. I know once you get into it, you will do an amazing job and that de-clutter bug will take over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I attract clutter like shit on velcro."

    this may be my most favorite thing you've ever said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should Really check out Jen's Blog, I think that you'll find lots of useful tips and projects that you'll love!
    http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete