Thursday, January 5, 2012

Letter #1


This week I wrote my very first letter of 2012! I wrote to my dad, with whom I used to exchange quite a bit of written correspondence. When I went off to college, my dad would write me a letter every single Sunday while he worked on the family budget (which he still does by hand, on paper). Every week, I would wait for that letter, mailed in a security envelope, and written on yellow legal sized paper, torn off one of the pads he always kept in his briefcase. (To this day, my dad carries a rather large old fashioned briefcase, and many yellow legal pads.) This tradition stopped during my sophomore year in college when Hurricane Katrina devastated my hometown and forced my family to live like nomads for a while (but that's a story for another day). As the years went on, and my dad finally got on board with technology, email and texting took over as our main form of communication. Technology is great, and Lord knows I love it, but there's nothing quite like sending (or recieving!) a letter.

New and wondering why I'm talking about letter writing? Find out why here. Need further explanation? Click here. ;)

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of doing some research and finding a penpal, remember doing that in school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sugarbell: i'm not sure i ever had one.
    @michelle: it's so fun!
    @simply stacia: thank you :)

    ReplyDelete