Monday, January 9, 2012

Our Story, Part IV: the L word

Happy Monday! Hopefully a little love story will help brighten the fact that it's Monday again. ;) If you need to catch up, just click on the links below!

Our Story, Part I
Our Story, Part II
Our Story, Part III

Partially because of the two Sugar Free Red Bull's I had and partially because omgomgiminohio, I couldn't sleep until about 4am. Manny and I said the "L" word the first time that night. It was also the night (morning?) of our first kiss.

At a much more decent hour, we woke up and headed straight to the U-Haul store. Oh, did I not mention that not only did I drive my crazy ass up to Ohio, but that we would be spending the weekend moving his every possession into a storage unit? Right. Of course it was raining that day. And it turns out that he had not packed his kitchen at all so I stayed inside doing that while the boys ran around in the rain. :) We finally finished up around 5 that evening and had to hurry and get ready for his going away dinner. This is where all his friends met "that girl he met on the plane." I'm pretty sure his friends expected me to be a complete lunatic. Seriously, this is the girl who drove to Ohio to help a guy she's met once move out of his apartment. Pass the crazy juice please.

The next day we drove out to the Cincinnati Zoo (our first date?) and spent all day walking up and down those damn hills but we had a great time. I don't rememeber anything about that day except that he paid for my ticket and that I had an amazing time. That whole weekend I felt like I had been with him forever. There was no awkwardness or uncomfortable silence. It was strangely perfect.

The next morning was terrrible. We both cried when it was time to say goodbye, knowing that it would be at least 6 months before we saw each other again. I think it took me a good 30 minutes to actually get in my car and drive away.

On my way home I called my mom and my best friend to tell them how awesome the weekend had been. They had both been worried/excited but had decided that when they didn't recieve a panicked phone call by Saturday evening, everything was probably ok. It was more than ok. I was hopelessly, completely, irreversibly in love.

2 comments:

  1. You're best friend STILL thought you were insane at this point, but was already mentally writing both the romance novel based on this situation and her wedding toast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, this would make a pretty good modern-day romance novel ;p

    ReplyDelete