Friday, February 10, 2012

29 Day Organizational Challenge: 1st Progress Link-Up

Happy Progress Day! I must confess that I don't have any pictures for you because my pictures at this point would only show more mess. Admittedly, I've only starting seriously tackling this project in the last couple days. Hubby has decided to jump on the organizational bandwagon and that has really helped. Having someone else who is working towards the same goal can be a good motivator on those days when you just don't feel like it. And since I don't have a picture for y'all, I'm just going to answer some questions Laura posed in her post about the challenge in the link-up and take a look at my "Plan of Attack" to see how I'm doing. (And if you're really just aching for some pictures, you can take a look at my before pictures.)

How are you making out with the challenge so far?
Like I mentioned above, I hadn't done much with the room until a couple days ago. Now that we've started though, I'm feeling much better. We've gotten rid of most of the stuff that doesn't belong and need to start working on purging clothes next!

Are you further ahead or behind than you though you'd be?
To be honest, I'm a little behind. I've always been a procrastinator at heart but I really thought I'd be jumping in head first with this one. 

Do you have a purge pile to show me?
Not yet... ;)


Plan of Attack
1. Clear out cups, trash, and other things that don't belong.
2. Go through clothing and throw away/donate what we don't wear.
3. Purchase/make bedskirt and curtains.
4. Organize closets.
5. Organize bathroom counter/sink.
6. Possibly rearrange furniture. 


Ok, I'm not nearly as far along as I had hoped, but hubby and I plan on spending the night at home working on this stuff so hopefully we'll get some good work done!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it is best to clean a room as if you are moving. Literally, you take everything out, and then start to reorganize as you put it back together. Think of it as a 20-foot move. We have done this at home and been amazed at what we find, and what we give away. All of us have so much stuff we don't use anymore, but keep anyway. If you haven't used or worn it in 2 years, why are you saving it (except of course for those nostalgic items).

    ReplyDelete