Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Book #3!

So I've finally started on book #3 for the year. I know for some of you speed readers it must seem like I'm reading at an absolute snail's pace. But I rarely get to read for more than 5-10 minutes at a time and it's usually right before bed so I tend to fall asleep fairly quickly.

Anyway, I just finished reading Confessions of a Shopaholic. Truth be told, I started reading this several years ago and never really could get into it. But this time around it was a perfect little quick read after a heavier book. I may or may not be reading the sequels.

So now I've started A Million Little Pieces. People I know who've read it have either loved it or hated it. Honestly, right now I'm having a little trouble taking it seriously because I know it's a fake. I'm going to give it a little more time and see if I can get through it.

What are y'all reading right now?

Oh, anyone else use Goodreads? Want to be friends?

8 comments:

  1. You're doing better than me Sugar, I'm still stuck on my first book--reading it with a lady friend of mine and schedules are getting in the way. =0(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries, as long as you're enjoying it! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm doing well this year. I'm determined to get through my stack of 45 books that I haven't read. Of course, I am still reading, I just keep buying new books :) I have read 4 books this year so far, 3 new ones and 1 from my stack - yay! To celebrate, I bought a new one :) It is called American Dervish, a novel about an Americanized Muslum who learns about his faith/religion at the age of 12 while falling in "love" with a friend of his mother who comes to visit his family in the U.S. This leads to tragic consequences. It has started off quite well.

    I am a member of Goodreads but I actually never use it. Maybe I will get back on it and we can be friends :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you totally should! sarah is on there as well! i cannot believe you have a stack of 45 books!

      Delete
    2. p.s. you need to teach dad how to comment, he tried to the other day but blogger deleted it before it was published (not sure what happened there)

      Delete
  3. Well, it is me so I really should not have categorized the books as stack. They have their own bookcase and are neatly lined up :) Still, somehow last year I got really behind and couldn't focus as much in the evenings on reading when it was time for bed. I got behind but couldn't resist buying books I knew (or thought I would) love. This is my year to cut that stack in half while still buying new books (maybe a little less often) to enjoy. Since I am back on my reading binge, I am at least off to a good start. Whee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course. i am the only one who has hoarder-like stacks. ;) maybe one day when i have my own library..... ;)

      Delete
  4. I gave you a blog award!! http://jessicarbrackman.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-award-awesome.html

    ReplyDelete