There are a few more pictures in the Original Before Post, but I think you get the gist.
And now for the afters! I apologize for the poor picture quality, I took them with my iPhone this morning.
|The bed, still with laundry to be attended to (but not the same laundry that was there a month ago!). And if you'll notice there's now a small bookshelf on hubby's side of the bed.|
|Oh the dresser. I cleaned it off and it looked so lovely...and the a couple weeks went by. Truthfully this could be cleaned in about 5 minutes, but I wanted to be honest.|
|I know you can't tell, but I did do a little closet organizing last weekend.|
|This space used to have a pile of junk...no more!|
|Again, there used to be a pile of junk there. Gone! :)|
|The bathroom (obviously) still needs some work, but it is better. :)|
Now the Organizing Junkie has some questions she wants answered at the end of the challenge.
1. What space did you decide to organize and why? I decided to organize our master bedroom because the clutter was getting out of control. There's no way to get a peaceful night's sleep when there's junk laying around everywhere.
2. What steps did you take to ensure you completed the space within the 29 day timeline? I did have a "Plan of Attack" but it obviously didn't get executed very well. I think setting dates with my plan rather than just a generalized plan may have worked better.
3. What was the hardest part of the challenge for you and how did you overcome it? My biggest challenge was focus. And I don't think I overcame it very well. :/
4. What did you do with the "stuff" you were able to purge out of your newly organized space? We had a lot of things in our room that just didn't belong and had a home elsewhere. But I did start a giveaway pile while organizing my closet!
5. Tell me one of your proudest moments during this challenge. Last week my husband cleaned the carpets in our room, and he was actually able to get to all the carpet with the carpet cleaner!
6. Explain any organizing "tools" you used to help create additional space and establish some limits and boundaries. This is still a work in progress....
7. What is ONE piece of you'd give to someone else to encourage them on their organizing journey? Don't give up. Even though I've failed a bit at this challenge, hubby and I still have a lot of organizing goals and projects for our house.
Ok y'all, if you haven't already, hop on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie and check out how everyone else did!