Saturday, March 10, 2012

Experimenting with Cake Pops

I've been doing a lot of research lately. And it looks a lot like this...


I love this book. She also has a website. A-mazing. I have spent a lot of time over the past few days reading and researching.

On Saturday, I finally got to put some of my researching to practice. We got up early (though who knows why, we were up late finishing some cake pops for a friend)...



 and went to a store called Woodcraft for Manny and then to the Joann Superstore for me. I got a few new toys....


When we got home I packaged up the cake pops we had made for a friend for a baby shower. (I forgot to take a picture of the final packaging.) Then Manny went out to the garage to build some stuff and I watched some Downton Abbey, took a nap....and then made more cake pops! I still had some rolled up dough left over so I decided to do a little experimenting!

Penguin friends...there were three, but hubby (and I) ate one.


Cupcakes...(I got this idea here...)


And some Eater eggs...they didn't turn out the greatest, but I learned from them and can't wait to try again!


I also made one that (in my mind) looks like a Mario Mushroom...


And lastly, a flower....another one that didn't turn out quite as planned, but I have some ideas for next time. :)


Now I'm off to calculate how many miles I need to run tomorrow to work off all the cake pops I'm about to eat. :)

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Yummo! Will you be my neighbor? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! i wish! hubby and i need to stop eating all these things i'm making!

      Delete
  2. OMG did you seriously make those?? They look so good!! Like, professional good! And those penguins are ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did! thank you so much. the penguins are my favorite. i need to find a reason to make a whole batch of penguins. lol

      Delete
  3. I saw this post then glanced up at the news in time to see Penguins strolling down the aslie on an airplane! Guess the world had penguins on the brain yesterday...i'm working on my printer post for you. I'll get it to ya shortly...hopefully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! that's hilarious. no rush. just get it to me whenever :)

      Delete