Thursday, March 15, 2012

GPS Running Watch

I've recently been contemplating whether or not to buy a GPS running watch. I know they're super expensive but I really like the idea of being able to know just how far I ran every time. Right now I use MapMyRun to get a pretty close estimate...but I want more! ;) I've been reading lots of review, but I really want to gather all the information I can before making a purchase (if I end up purchasing this at all). So, that's where y'all come in! Do you have a favorite? Have you ever used a GPS running watch? Here are the two I'm looking at...

Product Info and photo credit


Product Info and photo credit


They both have some pros and cons. The Nike one is prettier and cheaper. I know another blogger who uses the Garmin and loves it. And I've read good and bad review on both. So I open the floor to you, dear readers! Let me know your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Well, one of the XC guys has the Nike one, and it worked out really well for him. It could even measure how far he ran during a game of ultimate frisbee - so its accuracy is great. However, it had some problems like a relatively short battery life, after which the GPS wasn't as accurate until it was recharged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nike has a lot of cool bells and whistles in their watch. But, I prefer the Garmin. One of the main reasons is the software to connect it to my computer is a lot easier to use. I can then download all of my runs and track everything. Actually, you can go crazy over analyzing your running. If you don't want to pay for the GPS right now, I suggest GMap Pedometer instead of mapmyrun. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete