Thursday, April 19, 2012

My New Hobby

So I've picked up another hobby. I know you're all shocked. I was going to wait to post this until I had a (good) picture of my new hobby. But then I got to the point where omgijustneedtopostsomething. Manny has recently gotten me into cycling. I was really excited about it (hence the willingness to invest in the expensive bike) but it's way more fun that I even anticipated! I love that Manny and I can do this together and as a little bonus, cycling burns tons of calories. Now if I could just stop binging after our bike rides...  Seriously, it's a little ridiculous. Last night we rode 14 miles and then shared a large pizza...and parmesan breadstick bites. Sunday after we rode we had ice cream (we also did that Sunday before last). But seriously, I get so freakin hungry!

Oh, and the other thing about cycling, there are lots of accessories. Is this hobby great or what!? I thought I was done spending when I bought the bike....HA! The first thing you need is bike shorts. Yes, these are a must. There is padding in very important places and road bike seats are very unforgiving. But then you want the cool jersey (I found one on clearance, holla!). And then you want shoes. Yes, there are shoes. I also need to get a helmet at some point but those things are way more expensive than when I was a kid. At least for the ones that don't make you look like a bubble head. Then you need glasses. I actually have a  pair of Oakleys that are a hand me down but they look silly. I think I'm going to start wearing them anyway because I've taken one too many bugs to the eye. There's many more accessories but I won't bore you with them all now, just as I collect them. ;)

Has anyone else picked up any new hobbies lately?

1 comment:

  1. I laughed at the binging part, because after any hour workout, I think I deserve ice cream, or wine, or oreos. That's why we burn calories, right? :)

    Post a pic in all of your cycling glory! I think cyclers are hot!

    My new hobby is making bracelets with awesome stones and such. I'm not a big jewelry person, but bracelets kind of "do it" for me.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete